The Garden Club has been decorating holiday wreaths for more than ten years. We donate
Forty (40) decorated wreaths to the Pantry Shelf to distribute to their customers in early December of each year.
We purchase the wreaths from a Holliston Cub Scout troop. Most recently, we bought
wreaths from club member Melissa Beers’ son. Since we purchase the wreaths from a not-for-profit organization and donate to a not-for-profit organization, we are doubling our donation to worthwhile groups while adding to the town’s economy and community.
- Reserve the senior center space for December wreath workshop
- All previous years it has been held the first Tuesday eve in December.
- Send an email to members requesting donations of ornaments, decorations, ribbon, etc for decorating.
- Contact Food Pantry director to confirm they will accept our donation and establish delivery date/time.
- Usually Wednesday morning @ 9 am following our Tuesday night workshop.
- Email membership the date, time, location of workshop
- Ask for volunteers to RSVP
- Prior to COVID, we would have 20+ enthusiastic members volunteer their time and talent.
- Order wreaths from cub scouts and request payment from club treasurer.
- Last weekend in November accept delivery of forty (40) wreaths.
- Collect ten (10) banana boxes for transporting decorated wreaths to pantry.
- Three (3) days prior to workshop get key and security code for senior center.
- Night of workshop arrive 1 hour prior to volunteers’ arrival to set up tables, provide materials, wreaths, provide light refreshments, and holiday music.
- Take photos to share with club.
- Gather wreaths into banana boxes and load them into (2) SUV’s to transport all of the decorated wreaths.
- We will need a second volunteer to offer their car for delivery
- Wednesday morning deliver wreaths to Pantry Shelf at designated time ( 9 am ).
Wreath Committee Chair
Maria Mahoney 2011-2022